Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Been Too Long ...

We must apologize for our absence, but we haven't been taking many picutres lately. (It's the great downfall of laziness ... and a lack of drive to purchase batteries for the camera.) At any rate, I figured we could post old pictures and reminisce. I'll try to do these as often as occasion permits.

This picture was taken in the fall of 1999. I absolutely love the look of this picture. This picture was taken by a lady that, at the time, had recently moved from our ward. She took the pictures with black & white film and then colored them afterward. What you don't know about this picture is that she had a massively fat upper lip. (It's barely noticeable even if you know about it.) Christine and I were at K-Mart with Danielle just prior to this picture being taken and she started to get a little fussy. I decided to turn my focus to her and allow Christine to finish shopping for whatever it was she needed at that store. I began "chasing" her around the one aisle in the garden section and she became immediately interested in this game. She would run around the corner and I would follow closely behind and "surprise" her. On this particular occasion, I waited a little too long (thinking that the more anticipation the longer the game would last and the more entertaining I would be) and, unbeknownst to me, she came back around the corner because she had become bored waiting for me. I decided that I had waited long enough and came around the corner at the same time. She saw me barreling around the corner and turned just in time for me to plow into her back and knock her down. She gracefully braced her fall with her upper lip and immediately started to cry (way to go, Dad!). I took her out to the car and cared for her lip. Christine was less than thrilled with me and wasn't sure if we could keep the picture-taking appointment. We ended up taking her to get the picture taken and we are sooooo glad we did!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that fat lip! Good times :) I love that picture of Danielle too (she will always be that little toddler in my eyes! Sorry Dani!)

    ReplyDelete